Select Page

Parachute update 🏁 πŸͺ‚

Just like the tests showed us, our parachute was still to fast. Thus we needed to reduce its surface area during the descent. Since the measured downfall speed was of about 6m/s and the desired one of about 8m/s, we used the ratio 6/8 to reduce the surface area. The...

First real parachute test πŸͺ‚

Last Tuesday (23.02.2021) we did a little test for our parachute and the release mechanism, after some trial and error we managed to simulate a few falls.πŸ€“   We released the parachute with the dummy weight only from 30-40 meters because of some problems with the...

Parachute’s first test..πŸ”§πŸ€”

Today we tried the first prototype of our parachute. We threw it out of a window, about 11 meters high. To simulate our CanSat we used a can filled with some dummy weights (for a total of 351g). This is how the first throw went..😝 Not exactly ideal🀣.. we apologize for...
Piece by piece it’s coming together!

Piece by piece it’s coming together!

Just finished making a little test chute, not at all in its final form, but like this, we can test the sewing’s strength! πŸ€“πŸ˜œ Here are some other sewing methods I used, we are still testing them out, but we think number 4 and 6 are the best ones. Plus the new one...